Welcome! I am an adjunct professor teaching courses in systems engineering, iIndustrial
engineering technology, and software engineering.
My "day" job is as the Deputy Chief Engineer for Lockheed Martin's aeronautics simulation
and system integration labs. I am a Fellow of the Lockheed Martin company. Prior
to starting with Lockheed in 2009, I worked for 24 years at the Boeing Company, where
I was also recognized as a Fellow.
Published more than forty journal and conference papers on software engineering and
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Gross, D.C. (October 2005) Special Issue Editor: Foundations 04 and the State of Simulation
Verification, Validation, and Accreditation. The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation:
Applications, Methodology, Technology, Volume 2 Number 4.
- Gross, D. C., Stanney, K. M. and Cohn, J. (August 2005). Evoking Affordances in Virtual
Environments via Sensory Stimuli Substitution, Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual
Environments, Volume 14 , Issue 4, Pages: 482 - 491
- Gross, D.C. (1999). Technology management and user acceptance of VE technology. In
K.M. Stanney (E.), Handbook of Virtual Environments: Design Implementation and Application
(chapter 30). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence-Erlbaum, Associates.
- Macala, R.R., Stuckey, L., and Gross, D. C. (1996) Managing Domain-Specific, Product-Line
Development; IEEE Software, May 1996, 57-67.
- Gross, David and Lynn Stuckey Jr. (2010). Validating Interoperability for LVC Simulation
for T&E, Modeling & Simulation Workshop, International Test and Evaluation Association.
- Gross, D. C. and Tucker, W. V. (2007). Toward Semantic Interoperability, SimTecT 2007
the Brisbane, Australia.
- Gross, D.C. (2003). Developing/Testing New Approaches for Modeling HFE for C4ISR Systems;
Department of Defense Human Factors Engineering Technical Advisory Group, May 2003.
- Gross, D. C. (2001). Affordances & the Design of Virtual Environments as a Multi-Modal
Real World Laboratory for Training; Human Factors/Ergonomics Society; 2001.
- Gross, D. C., Stanney, K. M., and Cohn, J. (2001). Toward a Theory of Affordance Based
Design of Virtual Environments; HCI International 2001: the 9th International Conference
on Human-Computer Interaction.
- Roza, M., Gross, D. C., and Harmon, S. (2000). Report from the Fidelity Experimentation
Study Group; the Spring 2000 Simulation Interoperability Workshop; selected for the
Workshop's Recommended Reading List.
- Gross, D. C. (1999). Report from the Fidelity Implementation Study Group; Spring 1999
Simulation Interoperability Workshop; selected for the Workshop's Recommended Reading
- Gross, D. C. and Tucker, W. V. (1997). Simulation: Trends & Implications; the Plenary
Address at the Simulation Multiconference, 1997.
- Gross, D. C., Stuckey, L. and Macala, R. R. (1995). Implications of Megaprogramming
for the Training Systems Community; the 17th Interservice/Industry Training Systems
and Education Conference, 1995; selected as Best Paper in Management Track.
- Rogers, K. and Gross, D. C. (1992). Human Visual Performance Modeling; the 14th Interservice/Industry
Training Systems and Education Conference, November 1992.
- Gross, D. C. and Stuckey, L. (1991). Ada Types: The Cornerstone of Simulation Models;
the 13th Interservice/Industry Training Systems and Education Conference, November