Dissertation: Fabrication and Characterization of Highly Porous PEEK Bionanocomposites Incorporated with Carbon and Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles for Scaffold Applications.
Area of research interest:
Nano based fabrication of various nanocomposites for bio and mechanical application research.
Machining of composites/metals related research
Mechanical design and product development and rapid prototype manufacturing
PUBLICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1) D.K. Kalla, B. Zhang, R. Asmatulu, P.S. Dhanasekaran, Current Research Trends in Abrasive Waterjet Machining of Fiber Reinforced Composites, Materials Science Forum (Volume 713)Volume: Advances in Non-Conventional Materials Processing Technologies, Pages37-42, http://www.scientific.net/MSF.713.37
REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. PS Dhanasekaran, D. Kalla, and Nito Yoda, 2010, “Recent Advances in Cutting Tool Materials and Tool Coatings for Machining Composite Materials,” 2010 Tooling for composites conference, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, UTAH, USA.
2. Devi Kalla, PS Dhanasekaran, and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Investigative study on machinability aspects of fiber reinforced composite machining using statistical analysis (ANOVA)”, SME, Composites Manufacturing 2011, Apr 12-14, Dayton, OH, USA .
3. PS. Dhanasekaran, Devi Kalla and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Human safety problems in industrial machining of composite materials”, SME, Composites Manufacturing 2011, Apr 12-14, Dayton, OH, USA.
4.Devi Kalla, R. Asmatulu and PS. Dhanasekaran, 2011, “New Progress in Damage Evaluation and repair of Fiber Reinforced Composites”, SAMPE 2011 – Long Beach, CA, May 23-26.
5. D. Kalla, K. Nahusha and PS. Dhanasekaran, 2011, “Optimization of Cutting Forces in End Milling of CFRP composites using Response Surfaces and Desirability Function Approach”, SAMPE 2011 – Long Beach, CA, May 23-26.
6. PS. Dhanasekaran, Devi Kalla and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Sustainability in Nanomanufacturing: Status and Vision for the Future”, Proceeding of the 2011 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, ASME, June 13-17, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA.
7. Devi Kalla, PS. Dhanasekaran and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Abrasive Waterjet machining of Fiber Reinforced Composites, 4th Manufacturing Engineering Society of International Conference, MESIC, Spain.
8) B. Zhang, H. Misak, P.S. Dhanasekaran, D. Kalla and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Environmental Impacts of Nanotechnology and Its Products” Midwest Section Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education,Sep 28-30, Russellville, AR.
9. B. Zhang, PS. Dhanasekaran, R. Asmatulu, and D. Kalla, 2011, “Development of highly conductive polymeric nanocomposite films on the surface of composites against lightning strikes”, SAMPE 2011 – Fort worth, Texas, USA.
10. PS. Dhanasekaran, D. Kalla and R. Asmatulu, 2011, “Advances and Challenges in Manufacturing and Processing of Polymeric Nanocomposites”, SAMPE 2011 – Fort worth, Texas, USA.
11. D. Kalla, PS. Dhanasekaran, B. Zhang, and R. Asmatulu, 2011“Sustainability of Fiber reinforced composites: Status and vision for the future”, ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress, Denver, Colorado, Nov 11-17.
1.Devi K Kalla, PS Dhanasekaran, (2011), “Milling of Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites,” Milling: Operations, Applications and Industrial Effects, Lucas P. Durand, ed., Science Publishers, USA. ISBN: 978-1-61470-903-9.
TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS (Invited)
"Introduction to Biosensors", Wichita State University, Department of Bio Engineering, July 2012.
"Applied Mechanics", Wichita State University, Department of Engineering Technology, Sep 2012.