- Rheology & Viscoelasticity
- Polymer Processing (Experimental Analysis and Constitutive Modeling)
- Biomechanical Engineering & Soft Tissue Rheology
- CFD / Computational Mechanics (using Finite Element Method, Boundary Element Method,
Completed Double Layer Boundary Element Method)
- Optical Fiber Technology
Slideshows (Click on each slide to proceed):
Optical Fiber Technology
Mechanical Characterization (soft solids such as soft tissue, bread dough, etc)
Previous Research Projects Conducted
Publications (Books, Journal(*) and Conference Papers):
- A book titled ‘Solving Mechanical Engineering Problems using Matlab’ under review
- A book on ‘Tool Design’ is under consideration for publication.
- 'How delivery modalities affect students' academic achievement and their life plans,'
S. Nasseri, ASEE SE Section Conference, Macon, Ga, March 2014.
- 'An Interdisciplinary Strategy for Improving Enrollments in ET Programs,' Austin B.
Asgill, Craig A. Chin, Ali Khazaei, Florian Misoc, Simin Nasseri, Adimathara Preethy,
Scott Tippens, Randall Emert, 120th ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 23-26,
- ‘Analysis of a fluid bubble rising in a more viscous medium; An undergraduate research
project’, ASEE South-eastern Section Conference, Mississippi State University, April
- ‘On graphic user interface development in an engineering technology program’, ASEE
South-eastern Section Conference, Mississippi State University, April 2012.
- (*) ‘Efficient teaching methods in engineering mechanics courses’ International Journal of Polytechnic Studies, 2011, Vol 1-1.
- Book Review, Chapter 2 of “High Pressure Rheology for Quantitative Elasto Hydrodynamics”
By Scott Bair, 2007.
- (*) 'Recoil from elongation using general network models,' R.I. Tanner, A.M. Zdilar and S. Nasseri, Reologica Acta, 44(5): 513 - 520, 2005.
- (*) 'Modelling the biaxial elongational deformation of soft solids,' S. Nasseri, L. Bilston, and R. Tanner, Rheologica Acta, 43(1): 68 - 79, 2004.
- 'Bridge condition deterioration modelling based on data from level two inspection,'
X. Wang, G. Foliente, S. Nasseri, L. Ye and M. Lowe, 2nd International Conference
on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management, Oct 2004, Kyoto.
- (*) 'Simple constitutive models for linear and branched polymers,' R.I. Tanner and S. Nasseri, Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 116: 1-17,
- (*) 'Lubricated squeezing flow: a useful method for measuring the viscoelastic properties
of soft tissues', S. Nasseri, L.E. Bilston, and R.I. Tanner, Biorheology 40(5), 545-551, 2003.
- (*) 'Viscoelastic properties of pig kidney in shear: Experimental results and modeling,' S. Nasseri, L. Bilston and Nhan Phan-, Rheologica Acta, 41: 180-192, 2002.
- (*) 'Oscillatory squeezing flow of a biological material,' N. Phan-Thien, S. Nasseri, and L. Bilston, Rheologica Acta, 39: 409-417, 2000.
- (*) 'Lubrication approximation in completed double layer boundary element method,' S. Nasseri, N. Phan-Thien, and X.J. Fan, Comp. Mech, 26: 388-397, 2000.
- 'Application of CDLBEM on motion of particles in shear flows of viscous fluid,' S.
Nasseri, N. Phan-Thien, and X.J. Fan, 8th National conference on Rheology, 19-22 July,
Adelaide, 173-176, 1998.
- (*) 'Hydrodynamic interaction between two nearby micromachines,' S. Nasseri and N. Phan-Thien, Comp. Mech. 20(3): 551-559, 1997.
- (*) 'Geometric optimization of a micromachine with spiral tail,' S. Nasseri and N. Phan-Thien, Comp. Mech. 20(3): 267-271, 1997.
- (*) 'Modelling micromachines with elastic parts in a viscous environment,' S. Nasseri and N. Phan-Thien, Comp. Mech. 20(3): 242-246, 1997.
- 'Application of BEM to predict the efficiency of two micromachines with rigid tails,'
S. Nasseri and N. Phan-Thien, ASME Int. Mech. Eng. Cong. & Expo., 1996, Atlanta, Georgia,
Nov. 17-22, DSC -Vol. 59 (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, MEMS), 295-300, 1996.
- (*) 'On the path and efficiency of two micromachines with rigid tails,' S. Nasseri and N. Phan-Thien, Comp. Mech. 18(3): 192-199, 1996.
- 'F.E.M. analysis of blood flow through the polymeric blood vessels,' S. Nasseri, M.
Haghpanahi, M. Ektesabi, 5th Biomedical Eng. Conf., Jan. 1992, Iran University of
Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Latest Industry and Research Projects:
- Designing a statue in the shape of a transformer for Novelis company, 2012.
- Designing a fluid measurement system for PourPerfect company, 2007.
- Constitutive modeling for polymer processing’, Materials processing, Cooperative Research
Centre (CRC) for polymers, Australia, 1999 to 2004.
- ‘On the performance of multimode XPP and PTT-XPP constitutive models in shear, elongational
and biaxial flows of polymer melts,’ CRC for polymers, Australia, 2003.
- ‘Finite element analysis of the heating properties of polymer preforms for drawing
optical fibers,’ For Optical Fiber Technology Center (OFTC) and Australian Photonics
CRC, Australia, 2003.
- ‘Modelling the uniaxial elongational deformation of soft solids,’ The Cooperative
Research Center for value added wheat, Australia, 2002.
More info here.